American Association of University Women, Pueblo Chapter Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains scrapbooks documenting branch activity with bulletins, newspaper clippings, and photos (1917-2012). Also included are handbooks, yearbooks, and cookbooks. Documents include a request to disband, a list of branch presidents, membership lists, branch by-laws, and financial and information. Educational programs produced by AAUW on VHS tape and DVD are included.
- 1916 - 2012
- American Association of University Women (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No special conditions governing access or use.
Biographical / Historical
The purpose of the American Association of University Women is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. The purpose of the Pueblo branch was to further AAUW goals and policies in Southern Colorado. The AAUW was founded in 1881 and incorporated in 1899. The Pueblo Branch was founded in 1917 and disbanded in 2012. See also www.aauw.org.
3.6 Cubic Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Vault: 25A.5.1 and 25A.6.6
- Pueblo (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college graduates Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college teachers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Pueblo City-County Library District Special Collections Repository
100 E Abriendo Ave
Pueblo Colorado 80910-2147 United States